Saturday, June 14, 2008

Immigration and L.A.


Update on our visa: We received a request for more evidence. I (Brandae) had the worst day in my life to resolve it in Los Angeles. I called immigration because it said we had to translate a foreign document. However, they didn't tell us which one and we already had important documents translated. Immigration told me that they couldn't help me over the phone and I had to go to L.A. to get it worked out. I made an appointment. The only times they had opened were during school hours- I had to get a sub :(. On my way to L.A. I got lost and probably ended up paying $100 (not exagerating) for parking. While there they told me the people on the phone lied to me and they couldn't help me either. I had to see a lawyer. So I got a list of free lawyers and made an appointment with one who basically told me I need to translate everything by tomorrow. (Oh yeah, they gave me the notice for more evidence on a Thursday I called immigration on Friday, made my appointment for the first available time, Monday and the evidence was due that Friday!). In the process between my appointment with immigration and the lawyer, my phone died which killed my comunication with Angel who was guiding me through L.A. and I couldn't find a T-Mobile. My phone broke and only the keys 1,4,7, * worked, I bought a phone charger at AT&T that I had to hold a certain way so it would work, and was paying through my nose for parking! Needless to say I got nothing productive done in L.A. The next time I called Angel I told him I would only marry him on one condition: We NEVER live in L.A.!!

No comments:

Civil Marriage 08-13-08

Sealing at The Buenos Aires Temple 08-13-08

The Reception 08-13-08